- Greg T. Seidel, a freshman from Belle Rive, was arrested at Abbott Hall Friday for possession of cannabis. The student was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court and released.
- Edward Watkins, a sophomore from Chicago, and Jamon Render, a freshman from South Holland, were arrested for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia Friday at Neely Hall. Both students were issued a Carbondale City pay by mail citation and released.
- Kreshia Bernard, 37, was arrested Saturday at Neely Hall for battery. The non-student was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court. The victim did not require medical treatment.
- Nyla Franklin, a freshman from Chicago, was arrested Sunday at Neely Hall on a charge of failure to appear out of Jackson County on an original charge of retail theft. Franklin was released after posting a $175.00 cash bond.
- Colin Fearon, a freshman from Hanover Park, was arrested for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia Tuesday at Mae Smith. He was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court citation and released.
- Police responded to five residential burglaries on:
- the 300 block of West Cherry Street
- the 500 block of South Forest Avenue
- the 1100 block of East Rendleman Street
- the 500 block of South Lake Heights Avenue
- the 800 block of East Grand Avenue
- All reports are still under investigation.
- Carbondale Police responded to a report of armed robbery on Tuesday in the 2600 block of West Kent Drive. Two black males approached the victims’ parked car around 11:10 p.m. when they robbed them at gun point. After robbing the victims, the suspects left the area on foot. This crime is still under investigation.